The water quality differs from one area to another, and it’s not wrong to say that it influences our health. Generally, people prefer to filter drinking water to be assured of quality.
The municipality department of one’s area handles checking and maintaining water quality. There is a misconception that only drinking water needs to be filtered. What about the water we use for other purposes, for example, showering or Bathing?
Many people have an allergy to some water components and cannot bath without filtering them properly. And that is why the shower filter comes into the act to help such people.
This article will discuss shower filters and how they benefit our skin or overall health. Before jumping on the main topic, we should first know what a water filter is.
What is Shower Water Filters?
A shower water filter is one of the most valuable pieces of equipments used in the bathroom. These filters are accountable for removing or reducing the heavy metals concentration.
Heavy metal generally includes chlorine, pesticides, and other elements in the water. The water consists of several components, which can sometimes create skin-related issues.These shower filters are responsible for improving the water quality when you take a shower.
This results in dry skin, increased brittle hairs, etc. making it necessary to use shower filters. Respiratory problems are other common issues faced by people living with such issues. The shower water filters act to prevent you from all this trouble.
The main aim of these shower filters is to remove chlorine and other substances. Also improves the quality of water, making it suitable to use. Many shower filters are available on the market, which tackle different problems.
This is the best water shower filter on the market. It comes with an adjustable shower head with a finish of Copper and iron. It works on a two-stage approach filter design, combining a copper-zinc oxidation process and carbon to remove the harsh chemicals. The carbon is also responsible for adding the taste and enhancing the smell of the water. The water filter needs to be replaced every six months.
The Best Shower Filters for Hard Water
As you already know, what are shower filters and their uses? Now we would like to give very detailed information about the types of water filters available in the market.
As we know, numerous brands are available, and deciding what to invest in could be clearer. So don’t worry! We got you covered! Below is a detailed explanation and a link to the different types of water filters.
To save you time, below are all the products we have discussed in this article in detail:
- Easy to install
- Healthy skin and hairs
- Easy to install
- Enhances the flavor and taste
- A certified product
- Easy to install and remove
- Five settings of spray
- Value for money
- Easy to install
- Sheerness and Sturdiness
- Healthy hair and skin
- Easy to install
- Value for money
- Provide healthy skin and hairs
- Easy to install
- No replacement for 6 to 9 months
- Value for money
1. Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter System
Aquasana presents this water filter system. It is a very affordable water filter system with an adjustable shower head constructed with a unique floor design.
The shower’s design helps prevent clogging and maintains the water pressure.
The product works on the principle of a two-stage flow filter, combining the KDF copper/zinc oxidation process and carbon. The coconut shell carbon is responsible for removing harsh chemicals like chlorine, thus enhancing the smell and taste of the water.
The weight of the product is around 2.3 pounds, and the product dimensions are 8.5 x 7.25 x 3.2 inches. The flow rate is about 2.5 GPM and comes in only one color, i.e., white. Plus, there is a one-year warranty with the product. The product does not require any maintenance for six months and has the efficiency in providing 10,000 gallons of water.
- The water filter system comes with an adjustable shower head, which removes the harsh contaminants from the water, thus resulting in healthy skin and hair.
- It is very durable, and the filter needs to be replaced in 6 months. Thus the customer doesn’t have to keep an eye on the filter monthly.
- The company provides one year warranty to its customer
- The filter has a coconut shell carbon which removes harsh chemicals like chlorine
- The four primary steps are required to install the shower head. Though they are straightforward steps, a person without knowledge about them will have to face difficulties.
- The International customer will have to check the compatibility of the appliance before ordering it.
2. AQUAYOUTH 2.0 Carbon Shower Head Filter
Aquayouth presents this product. Its composition is brass fittings, High Impact Plated ABS, ceramic, PP, and activated carbon.
The company provides a certified and trusted performance because they have a third-party certification and testing to ensure customer quality. The product’s weight is around 1.2 pounds, and the dimensions are 9.6 x 3.9 x 3.5 inches.
This company’s products are NSF/ANSI 177 certified and NSF/ANSI 372 certified, reducing the chlorine and lead content in the water.
It has a powerful multi-stage water filtration system because it effectively targets dust, sand, rust, metals, and chlorine. It also improves the skin and hair from harsh chemicals like chlorine.
It provides a spa-like experience to the users, and its superior design gives an aesthetic vibe to your bathroom. It has a very durable and modern design, which makes its replacement much more effortless.
- It is a certified product by the Korean Government
- It removes harsh chemicals like mercury, chlorine, copper, lead, and iron.
- It has a unique design, which helps in easy replacement.
- Easy installation and high durability
- It has a powerful multi-stage water filtration system.
- The shower filter does not remove the total dissolved solids in the water.
- This cannot obliterate the chloramine from the water
- International customers will have to contact customer care help to get the details of voltages and other specifications.
Note: Till today, no Shower filter in the market can remove the total dissolved solids and chloramine from the water. So these are not the disadvantages, but still, the shower does not provide any benefit in these two areas.
3. Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Showerhead
Culligan presents this product. It does not need a replacement for six months and filters around 10,000 gallons of water. The filtration also depends on the load and the product usage.
It has a WHR-140 filter cartridge responsible for removing the scale, color, and sulfur order from the water. It also prevents the growth of bacteria and does not allow them to pass through the shower because it has a patent filter media bacteriostatic embedded in the shower.
It has five spray settings: full body spray/rain combo, full body spray/pulse combo, invigorating pulse, soft rain spray, and entire body. The product also has an anti-spray rubber spray nozzle, which enhances your showering experience.
It has been tested and certified by IAPMO to ANSI standard 177 and meets the certification standard of EPA WaterSense. The company provides one year warranty and has published the warranty details PDF online.
- It is one of the best seller shower heads with fantastic customer reviews
- The product has a five-setting spray
- The company provides one year warranty
- The product is certified by two different organizations
- The product removes the disease-causing Bacteria present in the water
- Easy installation and replacement
- Gives shiny hair and healthy skin
- It does not remove the lead and magnesium content from the water.
- International customers will have to contact the company’s customer care center to know information about installation and other compatibility instructions.
4. AquaBliss HD HEAVY DUTY High Output Shower Filter
This product is provided by aqua bliss, the top-selling shower head filter by the company today. It removes the slime, dirt, scale, chemicals, toxins, chlorine, and rust from the water, thus enhancing the texture and smell of the water.
It results in healthy skin by fixing the body’s natural rejuvenation cycle. The user doesn’t have to apply any cream because the water from this shower filter moisturizes the skin and keeps it healthy.
The product’s weight is around 1.25 pounds, and the dimensions are 5.7 x 3.7 x 3.7 inches. It also helps to make the hair shiny and smooth because it has 2 X strength calcium sulfide and coconut shell activated carbon.
It does not require any specific tool to install the shower filter and can be easily installed by following step-to-step instructions in the installation manual.
- It helps in keeping the hair and skin healthy
- It has activated carbon which helps in removing the chemicals from the water.
- It is easy to replace, maintain and install
- It is very affordable as compared to other products available in the market.
- It has a universal fitting means you can order the shower filter without checking the dimensions of your shower at home.
- It is not certified by any of the organizations.
- International customers will have to talk to the customer Care Centres to get information about installation specifications.
5. Culligan ISH-100 Inline Showerhead Filtration Attachment
Culligan presents this product. It is very affordable and provides cleaner and softer hair and skin. It has a WHR-140 filter, which removes the water’s excess chlorine, scale, and sulfur order.
The patent filter in the shower filter also helps eliminate bacteria. The product’s packaging includes the reminders sticker and Teflon tape, which users require during installation.
It does not require replacement for six months and can filter around 10,000 gallons of water depending on the filtration load and usage. It is certified by IAPMO R&T, so you don’t have to worry about the quality of the equipment.
The company provides a warranty, and you can quickly check by visiting the website or directly opening the Amazon link (given above) and going to its product description.
The product’s weight is around 14.8 ounces, and the dimensions are 3.5 x 7.5 x 10 inches.
- It is easy to install and maintain
- It does not require any maintenance for 6 to 9 months
- It is a certified product
- The company provides the installation manual
- The company offers customer support to its consumers.
- International customers will have to call customer care service to learn more about the installation and compatibility.
6. iSpring SF1S 15-Stage High Output Universal Shower Filter
This product is presented by iSpring and has a fifteen-stage filtration capacity. This filter removes 99% of the chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, water-soluble heavy metals, and other settlements.
It also helps improve the water quality by adding Vitamin C, which enhances the hair and skin of the user. The product’s weight is around 1 pound, and the product dimensions are 3 x 3 x 5 inches.
The shower filter does not need a replacement for around 6 to 9 months and also fights dryness, eczema, and irritation.
The toll-free design of the shower filter helps in the easy replacement of the cartridge and also impacts water pressure, thus enhancing the showering experience.
- Installation is effortless and requires no replacement for 6 to 9 months.
- The product helps remove disease-causing bacteria and hard minerals from the water.
- It results in healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- The KDF in the shower filter Technology removes around 99% chlorine.
- It has a multi-stage shower filter.
- The company provides 30-day money-back policy and free lifetime customer support.
- To know about the warranty period, the customer has to call customer service, which is only applicable after warranty registration.
- The company provides the installation manual, but it is not available online.
- The international customer will have to perform a compatibility test before purchasing.
Also Checkout This Article: 5 Best Water Purifier Pitcher: 2022 Reviews With Buyer’s Guide
Why Choosing the Best Shower Filter is Very Important?
In the above section, we discussed shower filters and why we require them. Besides the chlorine content or the other chemicals in the water, it has several impacts on our day-to-day life. A few of them are listed below:
- You don’t want the different chemicals like chlorine to be absorbed into the skin, thus directly entering the bloodstream. Chlorine is a toxic byproduct of chloroform, which can impact an individual’s health.
- Hard water can highly impact the water using appliances like washing machines, dishwashers, etc. Sediment accumulation and scaling is the most common issue in this equipment.
- The shower filters improve the visual appearance by removing impurities.
- The hard water leads to dermatological complications like psoriasis, dandruff, and eczema. The shower filters automatically prevent these metallurgical complications.
- The presence of heavy metals and chemicals can result in unpleasant orders—the shower filter helps to remove this order or a pungent smell.
- The presence of heavy metals and microorganisms can build up bacteria in shower heads. The shower filters help to eliminate algae, mold, and bacteria.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Shower Filters for Hard Water
The above section discussed the best shower filters to tackle complex water issues. You can choose any shower filters above, but before buying any equipment, you should consider a few factors. A few of the factors are listed down below:
1. Water Issues
If you have decided to buy a shower filter and need to know about the issues in your water, it will create a problem. Before investing in any water filters, you should always know about your water issues.
You may invest in a shower filter that tackles the problem of hard water, but what if the actual problem in the water is with iron or microorganism? In such a situation, your shower filter will be of no use.
To make your testing much more accessible, you should buy a water testing kit that is readily available on the market. It is affordable and will help you choose a specific shower filter because the problems may vary from house to house.
If you know about the water issues, you know precisely which water shower you should invest in. Another significant factor is the installation.
Various people believe they can save installation fees and start installing the equipment independently, but it will be challenging if you need to have machinery knowledge.
Also, there are chances you can harm equipment, which will further hinder its functioning. So we will always recommend you ask for professional help.
3. Shower Head Size and Inline Filters
This will be fine if you are hiring professional help. They will send their employees to your home to check the size and filters in your house so that they can advise you on specific equipment.
But if you are doing everything yourself, you have to be extra careful because if you match the size, the shower filter will be helpful. So make sure that you are doing everything correctly.
4. Filter Life and Usage
Your primary duty is to ask the manufacturer about the filter’s replacement and life. This is very important because once it has completed its life span, the shower filter will be of no use, and you will have to replace it with another one.
Furthermore, you should also ask about the replacement’s cost and seek professional help.
5. Budget and Value
Budget is essential in all of the above-listed factors. You should not do this if you need the appropriate budget to invest in fancy or highly branded equipment.
The advantages can be provided by any other filter, which is more affordable. So whenever you make a decision, think carefully.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Can I use any of the water filters whose link was provided in the article?
Yes, you can invest in any shower filter, depending on your choice and the problem with your water. We will always recommend that the shower filter should always be according to your need.
- Why a shower filter is a necessity?
A shower filter is unnecessary when you live in an area with no water quality issues. Here by quality, we mean water that does not have very high chlorine or magnesium content.
These chemicals make the water hard and harm your skin or hair. But if you live in such an area facing challenging water issues, it becomes necessary to use the shower filter.
- Can any of these shower filters be adjusted in any of the showers?
Different households have separate showers installed in the bathroom. They generally vary in length, diameter, and other components, so you use the shower filter that fits in the shower head of your home.
If you are buying shower filters online, you must check the shower filter’s dimensions. Apart from this, it is also necessary to know the dimensions of your shower heads in the home.
- Can I use a whole-house water filtration system or full-scale water softening instead of shower filters?
The shower filter is one of the essential bathroom equipment. It is usually required in countries with very high metal content in the water.
Peoples bathing in such water are more prone to get skin-related diseases. Therefore, it becomes essential to use a shower filter while taking a shower or bathing.
Knowing your water issues is essential before deciding what type of water filter you need. The price, as well as the durability of the shower filter, varies from one brand to another. We will always recommend you have a very detailed discussion with the manufacturer.
We hope that this article has helped you make a final decision. Still, if you cannot conclude, we recommend you talk to manufacturers. They will guide you throughout this process.